Mama joj je poklonila dnevnik kada je imala 10 godina, što je kasnije uzrokovalo njenu želju da postane spisateljica. U Pilot epizodi Elena slučajno ostavlja dnevnik na groblju. Kasnije joj ga Stefan vraća.
Unutra je pisala o svemu što joj se dešavalo, čak i o vampirima.
U epizodi Under Control Jeremy pronalazi njen dnevnik i čita ga. Od tada je ljut na Elenu jer je izbrisala njegova sećanja o Vicki i vampirima.
Ono što je Elena zapisala:
* Dear Diary, Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say, "I'm fine, thank you. Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl that lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.
* Dear Diary, I made it through the day. I must have said "I'm fine, thanks" at least 37 times. And I didn't mean it once. But no one noticed. When someone asks "How are you?", they really don't want an answer.
* Dear Diary, I couldn't have been more wrong. I thought that I could smile and nod my way through it, pretend like it would all be okay.
* Without the pain. Someone alive. But it's not that easy. Bad things stay with you.
* All you can do is be ready for the good, so when it comes, you invite it in. Because you need it. I need it.
* Dear Diary, this morning was different. There's change. I can sense it...feel it. or once, I don't regret the day before it begins. Because I know I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good.
* I tried. I want so much to make things right but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don't know can't hurt you.
* Dear Diary, I am not a believer. People are born, they grow old, and then they die. That's the world we live in. How can I deny what's right in front of me? Someone who never grows old, never gets hurt. Someone who changes in ways that can't be explained. Girls bitten, bodies drained of blood...
© The Vampire Diaries Serbia
Zabranjeno kopiranje texta!